Meeting Minutes (No replies)
- The goals of the team were discussed and augmented during the meeting. The goals identified are:
- Define alternative forms for consuming the data produced by the TMF team
- Provide these outputs in digital formats that do not require specialized software to read the content, assuming all consumers have access to Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF and HTML
- We discussed pending events that could influence our schedule:
- Version consideration
- Version 2 needs to be supported in parallel with Version 3, as many users of the reference model will continue on version 2.0 for some time in the future
- Version 3 formal publication in June
- Presentations - we would like to present initial output at these meetings if we can get on the agenda:
- EDM meeting in May
- DIA in June
- Paul to reach out to Donna Dorozinsky to see if the TMF work would fit in the session she is leading
- Michael to communicate Donna’s details to Paul
- David Gwyn demoed a navigable version of TMF RM 2.0 built in MindJet Mind Manager
- Mindjet is a commercial software
- Exports to PDF with mind map plugin
- Exports to HTML
- Consensus is that mind map offers a nice display and helps to understand and read the model
- David Gwyn to investigate open source mind map tools that can use the MindJet file
- Eric Rubinson emailed Paul about another potential tool
- David showed additional information highlighting artifacts that are contained in both the TMF model and the EDM Submission model. This is a preliminary assessment but shows the additional value that can be added to these models above the work done in each focused team.
- The current version of the TMF RM does not contain much metadata, and a suggestion was made to investigate the enormous amount of work done by OASIS.
- Review comments - Eldin suggested we investigate the feedback received to date on the TMF model usage to see what we can incorporate in our work.
- Next steps
- Meet every two weeks
- Use the EDM ref model site for collaboration (Forum)
- To register:
- Go to https://edmrefmodel.com
- Hover over the "Profile" menu and select "Register / Log In"
- Click on the "Register" button and fill in the fields.
- You will be sent a password by the system.
- Once you receive the password, log into the site and select the "Forums" menu
- As you scroll down you will see the TMF Tech Presentation Group"
- If you run into any problems please email Dave at [email protected]
Meeting Date: 2/12/2015 12:00 PM
Location: GoToMeeting A - Corporate (Paul)
Gabrielle Soucy(Meeting Organizer)
Daniel O'Connor [email protected]